Say whaaaat!? I just received a Blogger Award, guys! Thank you so much Food Allergy Dad for nominating my blog, you are the first food allergy parent blogger I found and connected with when I launched my blog a few weeks ago. I’m so glad we have crossed paths and get to share our journeys! Readers: you should check out his recent post My Food Detective about the (free!) app to help navigate the aisles of the grocery store and identify (using the bar codes) which foods contain your allergens or not! It’s genius.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The ‘Mystery Blogger Award‘ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion” ~ Okoto Enigma.
This is exactly what I aim to do with my blog; connect with other allergy parents and build my support network, and inspire newly diagnosed families so we can motivate and encourage each other during our journeys.
How Does It Work:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Facts about me:
- I have two sons. One will be 19 years old in June and the other one just turned 3!!
- I have 3 dogs and 1 cat (we used to foster animals before we had our second son. Thankfully, so far he has shown no signs of being allergic to the animals. His most recent tests also show no allergies to animal hair. THANK YOU, GOD, because that would be beyond hard for me.)
- I’m a work-at-home mom running a translation business (English to French).
Questions from Rob (Food Allergy Dad):
1) If they made a movie of your life, who would play you? Anne Hatheway.
2) You woke up this morning with the power to control one of the 4 classical elements (water, air, fire, earth). Which one is it? Water. I’d make sure there were no more water-related natural disasters. I would also put a small beach in my backyard.
3) Marvel or DC? Hmm. I had to Google this one. Unfortunately, I’m not
cultured knowledgeable enough to comment.
4) What is your favorite part about each of the four seasons? I love:
- I could live without winter, but, I do love snowshoeing 🙂
- rebirth and green (my favourite color) in the spring.
- working in my garden in the summer
- all the different foods in the fall!
5) What song and/or artist is at the top of your current playlist? Oh man. Ladies and Gentleman, if you haven’t discovered this amazing musical genius yet, I introduce to you, Jain!
1 – My good friend has to coolest art blog! If you like fun art project ideas to do with the kids or for the kids, check out her free “tutorial” section. Peaberry Design
2 – Another lovely Allergy Mama sharing her journey on First Time Mama Drama. I can relate to so much of what she shares on her blog.
Stephanie’s questions to nominees:
1 – What is your favourite flower?
2 – If you were a balloon, what colour would you be?
3 – If you could go back to school, or study anything you wanted, and price/time/energy wouldn’t limit you, what would you choose to study?
4 – Do you have a unique belief about life or the Universe that makes you different? If yes, what is it?
5 – What is the last book you read or which book are you currently reading?